Perillo offers you distinct insurance programs for our different types of tours, escorted tours and flight & hotel programs.
Perillo Protection Plan for Escorted Tours
Perillo Tours Pre-departure Protection for Escorted Tours: Covers cancellations for any reason. This will protect you against the cancellation charges stated in Terms and Conditions.
The $250 fee to change or cancel your Italy tour air ticket, after tickets are issued, is not covered by the Perillo Protection Plan.
The following post-departure insurance is provided by Insure America:
- Tour Cost Trip Interruption: Pays for covered financial loss you might incur while on tour if you must cancel due to illness, injury or death of the insured, a family member, or traveling companion, as well as named unforeseen circumstances which might arise.
- $600 Trip Delay: Pays up to $300 per day, up to the maximum limit of coverage, if the insured's trip is delayed for more than 12 hours, for reasonable, additional accommodations and traveling expenses until travel becomes possible. This benefit is payable for only one delay for all insureds.
- $1000 Baggage and Travel Documents: Pays for covered items lost, stolen or broken on your trip. Includes borrowed or rented property.
- $300 Baggage Delay: Pays for the purchase of essential items if your bags are delayed for more than 24 hours.
- $25,000 Medical Expenses: Pays for covered accident, sickness and emergency dental with no delay limits or deductibles.
- $50,000 Emergency Medical Transportation: Pays evacuation and transportation expenses, as directed by a doctor, to the nearest adequate medical facility.
- $25,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment: Pays for direct accidental death and dismemberment 24 hours a day while you are on your trip.
- Travel Guard™ Assistance: Provides 24 hour worldwide assistance.
- $100,000 Flight Accident: Applies only to injury sustained by the insured while in, on, boarding or alighting from an air conveyance organized and licensed for the transportation of passengers for hire, and/or as a result of being struck or run down by an aircraft.
This escorted tour coverage is non-refundable and can only be purchased with your tour deposit for $199.
If purchased, you will receive a Description of Coverage with your final documents which describe the coverage and exclusions in detail.
If you have any questions about the insurance, call Insure America toll free: 1-866-221-8078 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.